George Walker Bush (1946-) served as the forty-third president of the United States from 2001 to 2009. Early in his first term on September 11, 2001, terrorists attacked the Pentagon and the World Trade Center using airplanes as weapons.
The rest of both of his terms in office were spent dealing with the after-effects of this. America got involved in two wars: one in Afghanistan and one in Iraq. Here is a quick list of fast facts for George W Bush. For more in-depth information, you can also read the George W Bush Biography.
- Birth: July 6, 1946
- Term of Office: January 20, 2001 - January 20, 2009
- Number of Terms Elected: 2 Terms
- First Lady: Laura Welch
George W Bush Quote
"If our country does not lead the cause of freedom, it will not be led. If we do not turn the hearts of children toward knowledge and character, we will lose their gifts and undermine their idealism. If we permit our economy to drift and decline, the vulnerable will suffer most."
Major Events While in Office
- Contested Election (2000)
- Terrorist Attack on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center in New York City (September 11, 2001)
- War in Afghanistan (2001)
- War in Iraq (2003)